A Collections Coordinator role with Ignition Credit
The STAR Asset Finance Group has brought together a group of four leading independent asset finance businesses, with unrivalled experience of their markets, to enhance the genuine local service valued so highly by SMEs, with the many benefits of national scale. We are growing and evolving across our entities; Kennet, Credo, Ignition and FCF and this is a really exciting time to get on board!
Ignition is a leading provider of vehicle & asset finance, helping finance a diverse range of plant, machinery, business equipment & renewable energy. Since 2005 we have helped arrange over £450 million for businesses new & established, large & small all over the UK.
We are currently recruiting for a Collections Coordinator to join the team on a full-time, permanent basis from our office in Truro. This is a fantastic opportunity to join us and assist with the smooth running of our whole business process!
The salary range for this position is between £19,000- £22,000 per annum (dependant on experience) and the role comes with a great benefits package too! This includes:
• 35 hour working week (Monday- Friday, 9am- 5pm with 1 hour for lunch)
• Enhanced holiday entitlement (25 days + Bank Holidays!)
• Salary Exchange Company Pension Scheme
• Group Life Assurance
• Private Medical Insurance
• Other enhanced policies
• EAP app and phoneline support
• Many other great benefits
Reporting to the Collections Manager, the Collections Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day collection and debt recovery duties, which include a high volume of quality telephone calls, letters, text messages, managing e-mails and queries and driving efforts to meet defined collection targets and objectives.
Key Performance Areas:
• Responsible for the collection of debts related to Own Book.
• Ensure all arrears are kept to a minimum, working with customers, business, and business partners to secure payments promptly.
• Ensure all customer records are accurate and up to date with all inbound and outbound contact whether verbal or written.
• Ensure all queries are resolved within business requirements and service level agreements, using negotiation and monitoring where required
• Communicate with customers using effective questioning and listening skills and building rapport to enable full understanding of their individual financial circumstances and requirements.
• Demonstrate the ability to persevere in challenging situations and be able to work as part of a team.
• Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to deliver expert advice
• Adhere to FCA, Vulnerable Customers and Treating Customers Fairly guidelines and legislation (full training will be provided on this)
• Provide quality orientated, highly customer focussed service to all internal and external stakeholders
Person specification/ Skills:
• Proven experience within Collections/Credit Control environment (training will be provided however basic understanding is required)
• Highly developed telephone, listening and negotiation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and plan workload accordingly.
• Challenges issues with confidence, as and when they arise.
• Contributes to a team working environment within own team and in support of other departments.
• Striving for excellence and efficiency in every task
• Excellent IT skills including MS, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Send your up-to-date CV to [email protected].